This romantic adventure is steeped in pirate aesthetics, from sword fights and ship raids to balls and drunken nights at the tavern. At the same time, as the crew travels across the Atlantic Ocean, travelling from the newly discovered archipelago of the Azores, to the colonized cities of Havana, Veracruz, and San Juan, privilege and persecution are reoccurring themes.
The Spanish Privateer balances the serious examination of the early 17th century with plenty of levity and tender moments.
· 3 love interests: Lark, the bard, Flint, the first mate, and Rico, the captain
· Diplomatic, witty, and bold dialogue options that shape how Carlota behaves and is perceived
· Story choices that affect the outcome of the story
· Seventeen endings, including one good ending, two bad endings, and two alternate endings for each love interest
· 228K words, or 12-20 hours of content
· Relationship metres to track friendship and romance with each love interest